Hire a freelance copywriter yourself? If you want to add a little sparkle to your publication, check out the 5 essential qualities a good freelance writer should possess…
Check out this handy list of 5 essential qualities a professional freelance journalist must provide to an editor in order to secure regular gigs and a postal paycheck… Keep reading to find out if your chosen writer has these skills before you make a decision to hire someone – your readers will thank you!
1) The ability to deliver high-quality research, write custom articles, focus on fact-checking and conduct excellent interviews, take responsibility for delivering original content on time, and cite relevant experts to enhance the value of the content is rated above a journalism degree by editors and publishers around the world.
Publishers and scribes, are you surprised to hear this?
Well, dear reader, you are not alone. I’m as surprised as you are that having the proper journalistic credentials, degrees, and degrees, or being a product of an elite media studies school, has little recruiting value for many top magazine and newspaper editors. Most editors prefer to hire a freelance writer who can go out – preferably in a direction where news noses will lead them!
Since most editors and publishers usually hire freelance journalists or freelance writers when there is a shortage of full-time writers or when downsizing the editorial team is the only way to go (as an organizational cost-cutting measure), they naturally look for experienced freelancers – less Go for the “Diva” attitude (provide appropriate references in most cases).
The “I’m hanging on the moon” attitude of many New Media School graduates makes them unsuitable for real-time reporting and hard-hitting journalism, especially when various writing projects require creative pieces of flexible writing and editing skills.
In addition to this requirement, some desirable qualities are required, such as the ability to:
2) To meet the needs of fast replacement stories and mass production of filling items
3) Provide a change in writing style for promotional or business news as a departure from the author’s regular project.
4) Ensure a quick turnaround of a portfolio of articles and meet tight deadlines.
5) Archive multiple stories and features over weeks, days or even hours.
You’ve Got 5 Traits Every Editor and Publisher Needs Looking for a Great Freelance Writer!
These 5 qualities should be present in any professional editor considering hiring, as a freelance journalist with these qualities can be an asset to any publication – in my 10 year career as a freelance writer, the editor The publishers who so kindly shared with me along with various print and online magazines, newspapers, magazines, guides, books and new media content such as websites and blogs with whom I have been fortunate enough to collaborate.
Applying these 5 tips before hiring a freelance reporter or freelance writer for your publication is a surefire way to avoid overwhelming your editorial team.
In addition, these tips, which can be used as a checklist by new editors or publishers launching new magazines, will help finalize your recruiting process for experienced, dedicated freelance writers who will assist you with professionally delivered, high-quality content Expand the reach of your publication , readership , and exceed your subscription goals!